6 Ways to Identify a Good Hosted Desktop Service Provider
Strong business case using outsourced services
Service providers of technology solutions are a necessity for today’s businesses. Even if an organisation has technical expertise in-house, it’s impossible to operate without service provision from an external company. It may be internet connectivity; offsite data backup; or cloud applications; but it simply isn’t feasible for an organisation to be self-sufficient and operate in complete isolation.
Certain services such as internet connections can be set up with redundancy simply by engaging multiple suppliers. However, when it comes to other technologies, such a strategy may be unworkable on the grounds of cost or technical limitations. Hosted Desktop is a technology for which there is a strong business case, but provisioning a redundant backup as a contingency with another supplier is an expensive insurance policy.
Make the right Hosted Desktop decision first time
Consequently, when selecting a Hosted Desktop service provider, the need is to make the right decision the first time. Essentially, the key question becomes how do you identify a good service provider from those that are bad or indifferent? Below are six important signs that help you to recognise the best from the rest.
- A track record of delivering Hosted Desktop solutions successfully to other businesses in your industry
- Experience in working with in-house compliance experts and external consultants to deliver solutions that meet the regulatory requirements of professional services firms
- Explicit clarity around the Information Commissioner’s Office enforcement of requirements under the Data Protection Act
- An unambiguous policy on data sovereignty that provides certainty in regard to the countries where client data is stored and the laws that apply
- The adherence to ISO27001 information security management system which governs the quality standard of physical and electronic measure used to protect client data
- Resilient infrastructure with a strong emphasis on best practices for backup processes to ensure data is available to clients on demand
FREE data transfer to the HTL Support platform
HTL Support specialises in providing cloud solutions for professional services firms. Service sector businesses moving to a Serviced Cloud Hosted Desktop solution get free data transfer of existing of on-premise data to our cloud platform. Our process is project managed by a technical expert that understands how to minimise the impact on your business. We perform migration of data held by your on-premise servers and storage to the cloud in as little as 7 days. Our simple monthly, per user pricing and no setup or migration fee promise means you avoid costly data transfer fees, for which other providers may charge £thousands.