Hosted Desktop Now available to firms with heavy graphics demands.
Hosted desktop offers significant benefits to businesses of all types and sizes. Business applications are in the cloud, hosted on our servers in the data centre. Using laptops, PCs, tablets or thin clients, each user’s computing desktop is delivered through a business-class Internet connection.
One of the issues that may have held some firms back in adopting hosted desktop solutions is the problem of accommodating teams that require graphics applications. For example, in the Architecture, Engineering and Construction industries where CAD of BIM software is widely used, or in the Creative Industries such as Marketing or Advertising where photo or video editing software is used.
Such ‘power users’ have found the performance of graphics applications unsatisfactory, until now that is…
NVIDIA, the leading digital video hardware and software design and manufacturer, Virtual Graphics Processing Unit (vGPU) solves the performance problems associated with using graphics applications within a hosted desktop environment.
The NVIDIA GRID allows up to sixteen users to share each physical GPU installed in a data centre server, allowing the graphics resources to be shared and balanced to match the performance expectations of power users.
Examples of widely used applications that may be powered by NVIDIA GRID technology include:
Architecture, Engineering, Construction
Some Advantages of NVIDIA Accelerated Virtual Desktop Computing
- Cost effective client devices. The users device does not need to be very powerful, and can run almost any operating system. Even high end CAD software can be run on relatively inexpensive Windows, OSX or Linux Platforms, even Tablets or Smart Phones.
- Large size BIM models do not require transferring over the WAN between server and workstation, which could take hours. Instead data can be available for geographically distributed staff immediately.
- Keeping data stored centrally avoids copying data offline and risking unauthorised distribution, as well as enabling seamless collaboration between teams.
- New virtual workstations can be created on demand to allow for easy team expansion.
- If low cost Zero of Thin clients are used on the desktop they can be replaced almost instantly keeping management and maintenance costs low.
- Reduce the IT ‘footprint’ eliminating the need for a server room
- Centralise and secure your data.
- Eliminate the need for 24/7 powering and cooling of server infrastructure
- Make your users more productive with 99% service availability
- End the need for your IT team or users to troubleshoot niggly desktop IT problems
- Offer significant physical and security advantages over on-premise servers
- Include easy monthly, per user pricing, often with no setup fees
Get started on NVIDIA GRID and hosted desktop with Serviced Cloud
Hosted desktop allows for a range of user types to be accommodated. Now, NVIDIA GRID removes the final barrier that may have prevented many firms from leveraging hosted desktop to achieve greater efficiency.
NVIDIA GRID based solutions enable firms such as architects, design and advertising and marketing agencies to enjoy the benefits of hosted desktop without compromising graphics performance.
To find out more about how we can help you to adopt NVIDIA GRID and hosted desktop, simply get in touch today.
To find out more about NVIDIA GRID and accelerated virtual desktops click here to visit to NVIDIA.com