Get the benefits of Hosted Desktop in 1 week with HTL Support
Exploiting the benefits of cloud technology PDQ
Our guide ‘Back to the future: The advantages of hosted desktop computing for financial sector firms’ discusses why the solution is a good choice for finance sector firm and others in the scope of FCA regulation. HTL Support is able to deploy a Hosted Desktop solution in 1 week. Here we look at how you can start exploiting the benefits of cloud technology PDQ...
A structured process
Receipt of the confirmed order sets our Hosted Desktop Migration process in motion. The first step is to assign an HTL Support project manager. Our Project Managers are technical experts that work with you at a business as well as a technology level to personalise migration. This includes determining the most appropriate start date and to devise a methodology that minimises downtime and disruption.
Before the migration start date
Before migration commences, we install and test all software and set up users and security. The next step is to work towards moving over your data which is the start of the migration process.
Migration in 1 week from start date: A day-by-day breakdown
- Monday – Day 1 – Data backup to portable hard drives commences
- Tuesday – Day 2 – Data backup continues…
- Wednesday – Day 3 – Data backup continues…
- Thursday – Day 4 – Start using cloud system for email using Outlook Web Access or mobile devices; email now flows through HTL Support servers
- Friday – Day 5 – Data backup complete and collection of portable drives from your office
- Saturday – Day 6 – Data received at HTL Support data centre, copied to your hosting system and programs configured
- Sunday – Day 7 – Email imported into your new hosted Exchange mailboxes and SQL data imported to hosted SQL Server
- Monday - Day 8 – ‘Go Live’ day! Each member of your team logs into their Hosted Desktop
- Your Project Manager with extra members of our team is onsite to ensure everyone is productive straight away
- Printing and program tests help ensure we iron out any bugs
- Support on an ongoing basis ensures you obtain the benefits continually
Better security and reduced TCO with HTL's Serviced Cloud Hosted Desktop
A Serviced Cloud Hosted Desktop solution provides two key advantages that make it highly suited to needs of financial sector companies:
- Hosted desktop buttons down security and vastly simplifies the ability to meet many of the IT related regulatory requirements of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Information Commissioner’s Office enforcement of the Data Protection Act (ICO/DPA enforcement).
- Cost reduction
- Like all businesses, finance firms need to operate efficiently. Hosted desktop provides significant TCO savings over PC-based network designs. When considered in terms of simplifying IT and reducing the maintenance and labour requirement, the cost benefits are manifold.